Choosing day care for your child can be a difficult decision for many parents. Deciding to leave your child whilst you return to work is possibly one of the toughest decisions any parent will have to make.
At Holly Tree Children’s Nursery, Billinge, Wigan we try very hard to assist all parents to make the right decision for themselves and of course their child. We not only allow parents to come and visit the nursery but actively encourage parents to stay a while and watch how the nursery works, feel the energy of environment, talk to the staff and the watch the children we care for.
The team at Holly Tree Nursery work hard to make everyone feel at ease, fostering an environment were parents feel able to ask questions and not feel pressured in at all in anyway.
We pride ourselves in our team’s high level of qualifications. Out of our thirty plus members of the team almost half hold qualifications at level 4 or above. Three carry a Level 6 Degree in Early Years, four have a Foundation Level 5 Certificate, four are qualified at Level 4 with the remainder at level 3.
Our staff are on hand at all times to answer any questions you may have about the key values of Holly Tree and how the team apply those values.
Take time to decide on the right day care for your child.
Although we are delighted to care for all children we understand parents need time to consider all the options and visit a number of day care settings locally. At Holly Tree we encourage parents to take time to decide, to visit other settings, compare and contrast each day care setting.
Here are a few tips to help you make the right choice.
- Make a list of day care settings you would like to visit.
- Take a list to each setting so you remember to ask such as opening times, flexibility, cost, nutrition, development and activities.
- Ask about staff qualifications, training and development
- Look for active but relaxed children – it’s always a sure sign of how happy a child is.
- Check out safety, first aid and cleanliness.
- Ask about the activity plans for each day, the amount of planned exercise and relaxation
- Understand staff ratios
- What’s provided in the day care cost, meals, snacks, nappies etc.
- Enquire about nutrition and attention to special nutritional needs.
- Check the latest Ofsted report
- Ask for feedback and references from parents who’s children attend the day care setting.
Of course you’ll probably have a host of other questions to ask too, if you’re happy with the child care setting and believe it’s right for you and your child book a place.
No matter which child care provider you choose, at Holly Tree we share the same passion as parents and that is to get the very best for your child at a price you can afford.
If you have any questions what so ever about child care or after school provision at Holly Tree get in touch today we’re always happy to help.